Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Halloween...There's An App For That!

So it’s been a little longer than I planned, but here are some photos of the kids’ pumpkins and their Halloween costumes. Tyler was an iPhone (thanks to a big assist from Jerry Balch), Bailey was a witch, Trevin was a football player; and Caden was a ninja. We, I mean they, got a lot of candy and had a really good time.
Alien, Boo Smile, Skull, and Silly Face

Yes, we have iPhone envy...

He he he he...
No, we do not like John Elway. That's just how it came.
Hai-ya!
One tired out ninjaCaden is doing awesome with potty training now, and he stays dry through the night, already. Trevin still doesn’t even do that every night. He hasn’t had an accident in several days, so he has really picked it up. Our diaper bill just got a lot smaller. Yeah!!!! So here are some funnies and some photos. Enjoy…

Carol met with Tyler’s and Bailey’s teachers for conferences the last week of October, and they both are doing well. So on the way home, Tyler asked her about how the grades work with middle school. Carol explained the timeline for all of middle school, then high school. Tyler then asked what was after that? She told him college, and then he asked again, what was after that? She said the real world, and getting a job. Bailey then chimed in: “I want to work at a pizza place.” Carol asked: “Don’t you want to work somewhere better?” She responded: “No a pizza place; Suprema” (where we used to get pizza). Tyler then said in all seriousness: “Sweet! That means I get free pizza, cuz you’re my sister, right?” Bailey replied: “Yep, you, Mom, Dad…” and named everyone else.

Carol got her haircut (her once every two years tradition) and when she got home, Trevin took a good look at her and said: “You don’t look like Mommy.”

When we recently attended Tyler’s Pack Meeting for Cub Scouts, the Cub Master had several people read silly little jokes, including some “Knock-Knock” jokes. Apparently Caden enjoyed them, but that doesn’t mean he understands them. He was in bed the other night saying little knock-knock jokes to himself, when I asked him: “Who’s there?” he paused, smiled, and then said “poo-poo.” I of course said: “poo-poo who?” He paused again for a few seconds to think about it, and then said: “Halloween poo-poo.” So even though it’s a work in progress, we both got a good laugh from his attempt.

Caden went to Gospel Essentials with me on Sunday and after finishing his snack he was looking around the room and noticed this painting, which depicts Christ visiting the Nephites. He then said, pointing at one of the men in the painting (the guy who is closest to front and center) and said sort of laughing: “That guy naked.”
There is a church hymn called “Welcome, Welcome Sabbath Morning,” which begins with those words followed by: “Now we rest from every care.” Well, Bailey was singing it and she doesn’t always know the words, but says what it most sounds like to her, so with that in mind here is what she sang: “Welcome, welcome, Sabbath morning, now we rest from urgent care.”

Trevin was heading down the hall towards the bathroom and Carol was coming out of our room at the same time. It was dark, and Trevin didn’t see her. When he did realize she was there, it startled him and he said: “Ah, you scared me. I thought you were a monster.”

I was in the kids’ room getting ready to tell them a bedtime story and Bailey started one, but then stopped after being interrupted by Tyler. I told her to keep going, but she wouldn’t. So Trevin told me to tell one. I said: “I don’t know how to tell a story.” He replied: “Yes you do, you’re a dad.”

Bailey was sitting on my legs for prayer and she kept moving around. I said: “Bailey you can’t keep sitting on me. Your boney bum is hurting my legs.” Carol piped right up and said: “Dad has a boney bum, too Bailey. You get it from him.” So I said to Carol: “What kind of bum do you have?” She replied: “One that’s not boney.” So I asked again, then Bailey said: “She has a squishy bum.”

I was unwrapping a Jolly Rancher stick for Tyler, which is much bigger than a normal Jolly Rancher candy. Some of the paper stuck to it, so I said: “Oh no, some of the paper is still stuck to it.” Tyler then asked: “Can paper kill you?”

The other day Trevin said to Carol: “I like Christmas cuz the presents.” Carol then asked: “What’s Christmas really about?” Trevin tried three times each with a big “no” from Carol: “Snow? Santa? Presents?” Then Carol reminded him that it was about the birth of Jesus. He then said: “I like the birth of Jesus; that’s the fun part of Christmas.”
He's a happy boy
Our kids with Wyatt and Wesley Bird
Me and the rugrats
Three pigs in a blanket
Two boys washing grapes

4 comments:

KimnSam said...

Such cutie pie kids Kent, I love all that chub on the baby! Looks like a fun Halloween.

Steph said...

Amusing as ever! Keep up the great blog.

Ging said...

Hee Hee. The costumes were awesome. Caleb was a Ninja too. Love the i-phone, very clever of you. Tell Carol not to feel badly I have a squishy bum too. P.S. Don't take your children to see Where the Wild Things Are. Good for adults. Bad for posterity who sleep in the same house.

Deon said...

Love the pics and stories. Funny kids and the things they say...