Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blessings Abound

The biggest news for our family involves my work schedule. A month ago I trained to be the back-up for FedEx’s off-site loader position at the Subaru parts warehouse. I did it with the hopes of being able to take over regularly sometime down the road. About 10 days ago, I was informed I would be doing it every Monday, and another guy would be doing it Tue-Fri. So I asked if there was any chance we could get that switched. The boss wasn’t opposed to it, so long-story-short, the other guy wanted to work nights on the dock, instead. That means, starting this Tuesday I will be working over at the Subaru warehouse loading their freight onto our trailers. I will still only be allowed 25 hours a week, but I will get that much in four days and work from about 11:00 to 5:00, depending on the day. Our family is very excited about this. The kids and Carol have really wanted me at home at night, and now we will have that blessing.

We enjoyed Conference weekend and used some of the same “distractions” as we did six months ago to keep the kids somewhat interested in conference. We also decided to start a new tradition. Carol took Bailey to the General Women’s broadcast the Saturday before, then they went out to get ice cream. So I took Tyler and Trevin to the Priesthood session with me, followed by a trip to Dairy Queen. It was a good time and the session was awesome.

Speaking of the Priesthood session, I discovered something wonderful on the church web site this week. For years, the only way to review the Priesthood session is to read the talks online or in the Ensign. For some reason, we could not listen to, or watch them online. That has bugged me for quite sometime, because I like listening to them on the old iPod. I was even going to sit down this week and write the prophet to ask him if they could post them, too, because some of the best talks I’ve heard have come from that session. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my prayers have been answered (literally), because we checked this week and sure enough, the last four (2008 & 2009) are on the Church’s site now. Hopefully that means they will include them from here on out. And maybe, just maybe they will go back and add all the older ones, too. Either way, I can’t wait to download them and start listening while I’m at work.

In other news, we have been potty training Caden, and he is doing pretty well. We finally just decided on the “let him run around naked” method and it is working. While we were at the Priesthood session, Ammon rolled over from back to stomach several times up at Carol’s parents. However, he has not done it again, except for one other time last Friday night, again at Carol’s parents’ house. The kids’ primary program was today and they did so well. Tyler got really nervous singing his solo (4th verse of “I Believe in Christ”) with a crowd there, and he kind of broke down a little. He even forgot some of the words, but he recovered in the end. The spirit was still strong and that’s what counts. Also, today, I was sustained as first counselor in the Bishopric. I hope the spirit was strong for that, too. So that’s a quick update of the latest from us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I feel closer to the fam that way! I can't believe Ammon is already rolling over...sheesh they grow up fast! I actually got to watch the Sunday PM session of conference on my computer, live. It was pretty sweet!

Ging said...

Glad to hear your work schedule has finally changed. McKenzie works this same schedule put from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. I guess it was a cosmic switch to get her a job and to make your hours better. Hurray. Wish we lived close enough to see your kids in the program.

Deon said...

Um yeah, Kaden man needs to put on some clothes before the birds come over and play. That would just be the end of me if my kids saw that, they'd be stripping all the time thinking if the Livingstons do it why not us?